blog advertising is good for you
Advertise on Pawfun with Blogads
Most Popular Posts
- Ask Dr Elliot: Is it ok not to clip my indoor cat’s nails?
- How to stop a dog attack or break up a dog fight without getting bitten
- Ask Dr Jill Elliot: Should I vaccinate my indoor cats?
- Baby bear cub vs cougar: 22 years & 23 million views later
- Is your pet’s microchip registered? If not, it is useless. Here’s how to register.
Baby bear cub vs cougar: 22 years & 23 million views later
By BL Ochman
Watch this in full screen to get the full effect. It’s guaranteed to have you on the edge of your seat!
This is a scene from the acclaimed 1988 French film, “L’Ours” (The Bear) about an orphaned bear cub who is befriended by an adult make Grizzly Bear as hunters pursue them through the wilds of British Columbia.
Based on the novel, The Grizzly King by James Oliver Curwood, the film is directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud, and the screenplay is by Gérard Brach. This clip has been viewed more than 23 million times on YouTube since it was put online in 2007!
Film critic Roger Ebert wrote: “The Bear … is not a cute fantasy in which bears ride tricycles and play house. It is about life in the wild, and it does an impressive job of seeming to show wild bears in their natural habitat” and that scenes from the film, especially those “of horseplay and genuine struggles – gradually build up our sense of the personalities of these animals”.
Guess what movie we’re renting this weekend?!
Hat tip to Ed Miller
Tags: baby bear vs cougar, bear cub and cougar, Grizzly King, inspiring animal stories, Pawfun Blog, The Bear movie
October 27, 2010