blog advertising is good for you
Advertise on Pawfun with Blogads
Most Popular Posts
- Ask Dr Elliot: Is it ok not to clip my indoor cat’s nails?
- Ask Dr Jill Elliot: Should I vaccinate my indoor cats?
- How to stop a dog attack or break up a dog fight without getting bitten
- Ask Dr. Elliot: My cat’s rubbing one eye: is this an emergency?
- Is your pet’s microchip registered? If not, it is useless. Here’s how to register.
Pawfun Product Test: Hear Doggy – a squeaky toy only dogs can hear
By BL Ochman
Every Tuesday night, from 9:30 to 10 p.m. EDT, I do a podcast called Beyond Social Media with my colleagues Albert Maruggi and Dave Erickson. The minute we start, Benny Bix Ochman Labradoodle Puppy gets the loudest squeaky toy in the house – a purple elephant – and begins squeaking happily.
Last week, a new toy arrived for Benny: an Ultrasonic Hear Doggy Martian plush toy with a squeaker only dogs can hear. And Benny’s blue Martian has Chew Guard, so he (or she) will be around a while. They’re made by Quaker Pet Group.
As the website explains, “The science behind Hear Doggy: Dogs can hear sounds at a higher frequency (0 to 45 KHz) than humans (0 to 20 KHz). Tuned to an ultrasonic range in the 24-28 KHz frequency, each Hear Doggy squeaker is out of human hearing range, but still fun for your four-legged friend.”
Apparently, our cat, The Nonster, can also hear the sound, as can all the dogs who live on our floor. They told Benny that they all want their own Hear Doggy toys. We give this toy Four Paws Up.
Tags: Benny & the Pets, Benny Bix Ochman, Benny Bix Ochman Labradoodle, Pawfun Product Test, Quaker Pet Group, ultrasonic dog toy, Ultrasonic Martian
May 28, 2013