blog advertising is good for you
Advertise on Pawfun with Blogads
Most Popular Posts
- Ask Dr Jill Elliot: Should I vaccinate my indoor cats?
- Ask Dr Elliot: Is it ok not to clip my indoor cat’s nails?
- How to stop a dog attack or break up a dog fight without getting bitten
- Sand impaction is no day at the beach for dogs
- Is your pet’s microchip registered? If not, it is useless. Here’s how to register.
April 25, 2010For 13 wonderful years before I had Benny Bix Ochman Labradoodle Puppy, I shared my life with a 92-lb Yellow Lab named Sam, short for King Samson, his pedigree name. He and I were a Delta Pet Partner team, visiting a New York City school where we met Naomi Boak and her Black Lab. Volunteering in that school, which we did for many years, was one of the most remarkable experiences of my life. Last week, I got an email from Naomi, who found me through a post I wrote for AdAge. She told me she has produced a PBS show called "Through a Dog's Eyes," about assistance dogs. I just watched this extraordinary documentary twice. I'll bet you'll want to do the same.
The show follows a handful of people as they journey through the heartwarming and often challenging process of receiving their service dogs from an organization called Canine Assistants.